Within the last 10 years, Wyandotte County has seen unprecedented growth with more than $4.7 billion in investment. In 2019, WYEDC announced 31 projects totaling $433 million along with more than 1.2 million square feet of leased, expanded/retained or under construction space.
Wyandotte County boasts a tremendous level of new and retained jobs.
Each quarter, more than 100 WYEDC investors attend a networking event at various locations throughout Wyandotte County.
News…on the DOTTE
Because Wyandotte County has a dynamic economy with a unified vision of progress, local and regional media have interest in WYEDC’s economic development approach.
- WORKFORCE INDICATORS: August data shows recovery of half of lost jobs but indicates a slowdown going forward
- WORKFORCE INDICATORS: July figures show more than half of payroll jobs lost to pandemic recovered
- Wyandotte County leaders start public campaign to help stop spread of COVID-19
- WORKFORCE INDICATORS: June data shows progress but is threatened by the recent surge in COVID-19
- WORKFORCE INDICATORS: May data looks promising, provides hope for region
WYEDC provides leadership and coordination with several workforce and human resources roundtables.