Independent Electric Machinery Co., Inc.
Independent Electric Machinery Co. began in 1906 as a two-man business. John Launder, founder of the company, started by purchasing a small business called Used Machinery Company located at 2514 Summit in Kansas City, Mo. Mr. Launder changed the name immediately and very soon hired his first employee. The firm was moved the first year to 320 Southwest Boulevard to obtain more work space.